Navigating through college in preparation for a career post-college.
Transitioning from College to Career requires a career planning process: a goal and a plan. The objective is to set short-term and long-term goals and prepare to meet them.
High-school students entering college, college students, or students who just graduated college and need a mentor to facilitate the career planning process.
Choosing a Major, Choosing a Career
- Explore career opportunities by understanding the changing job market
- Identify your interests and goals
- Assess your qualifications
Pursue the Hidden Job Market
- Development and use of LinkedIn
- Discussion on networking strategies
Career Exploration Strategies
- Pursue informational interviews
- Obtain internships
- Provide research guidance
Develop a Job Search Strategy
- Development of a personalized job search strategy to include identification of tasks to complete
- Personalized job search timeline with tasks and dates
Prepare for the Job Search
- Job packet development: selection of job advertisements, resume and cover letter development, identifying stellar references, and thank you emails/letters
- Personal branding development: generation of logo, development of business card, and development of market presence
- Interviewing techniques: compose an effective elevator speech, prepare and practice for the interview, and dress for success techniques
Exploring job opportunities?
Stuck in the job search and can’t get started?
I’m here to help you. Book an appointment now!